Thursday 27 September 2012

Can't beat a nice clean Pancake!!

Happy Thursday!

Can't believe how fast this week has gone. I have to say I have loved every minute of it :).
The challenge has really made me step up to the plate - I always push myself hard in training but it has now gone off the chain!! It's great to get even more support from the USN team and all their Athletes/Ambassadors, I feel like I have a growing network of motivational people and that's amazing so a big THANK YOU!!!

And when I thought it couldn't get any better, my nutrition has also been spot on for the whole 2 weeks. I have stayed consistent with fuelling my body with what it requires (quite alot :)) and I know this is allowing my body to recover and get to work building me some muscles ready for the next session. I am even embracing all these carbs I need to support muscle growth, something I have struggled with for a long time.

So, seeing as though I love to cook up some clean and tasty food I thought I'd share with you my fave Sunday breakfast. Here I present you with - Pistachio Protein Pancakes!!!



Ingredients:
  • 1 Egg White
  • 1 Scoop Pistachio IGF-1 (can use any flavour - they all taste amazing)
  • 1 Sachet Quaker Oats/30g Ground Oats
  • Fluid to mix to a thickish batter consistency (I like coconut milk)

All you need to do is:
  1. Whisk the ingredients in a bowl,
  2. Pre heat a non-stick pan on low/medium,
  3. Spoon the pancake mix into the pan (I use a tablespoon, sometimes 2 per pancake depending if you want lots of small ones or a few bigger ones)
  4. Wait for a few bubbles to appear on the surface of the pancake
  5. Flip and cook on the other side for about 30 seconds
  6. Remove from pan and place on kitchen towel while you cook the rest of the batch
It really is super easy, they taste amazing and are nice and gooey in the middle.
(if you use 100% whey protein they can be a bit dry and rubbery)
You can even adapt the recipe to suit your Macronutrient requirements - I have made them with 2 egg whites, more oats, less oats etc. As long as the batter is quite thick they seem to work every time.

I like to top mine with Greek Yog, Almond Butter and Berries but the possibilities are endless - just top them with what you love to eat!!

Hope you try them out and let me know what you think - I can't take any praise for the taste though, that's down to the deliciousness of the IGF-1 (USN are spoiling us)

Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great weekend - Keep on track - It's all about results!




No comments:

Post a Comment