Sunday 11 November 2012

Protein Ice Cream!!

Hey :)

Today I was going to write a post about my training and nutrition program for the next 4 weeks but I had to share this recipe and a variation.

It was fellow fitness dudette Terri who shared this recipe with me on twitter so this is a shout out to her - I am officially addicted!

I know it's freezing outside but you honestly need to try these - put an extra jumper on and make a mug of Green Tea to warm you through afterwards.

Strawberry
  • 2 scoops Strawberry USN 100% Whey Protein
  • 2 tblspn Flax, Goji, mixed Seed (linwoods)
  • 2 cups Frozen Summer Fruits
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
  • 1 Ripe Avocado
  • 1 scoop USN Glutamine
  • 200ml (approx) Coconut Milk (canned or kara)
Place all ingredients in a blender or smoothie maker and blitz
Transfer into a plastic tub with a lid and put in the freezer
Every hour take a fork and mix the ice cream mix (this will help keep it creamy)
Once it's at the consistency you like (or if you can't wait any longer) DIG IN.

Like Terri said, all the ingredients are wholesome, healthy, aid recovery and help reduce inflammation.

Here's my variation I made today (I missed out the Glutamine as I get it in USN Power Punch - orange)

Pistachio (serves 1)
  • 1 scoop Pistachio IGF-1
  • 1 tblspn Flax, Goji, mixed seed 
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Ripe Avocado (slightly frozen)
  • 100ml Coconut Milk (canned or Kara)
Follow the same instructions as above and enjoy! 

I am currently planning more variations like Chocolate Banana, Vanilla and Chocolate Peanut Butter.

I hope you try these recipes, they taste just as good if not better than regular ice cream but without all the sugar, and nasties - just good clean ingredients and obviously the best Protein Supplements (where else can you get Pistachio flavour with nutritional stats like IGF-1?!!)

Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment