Tuesday 13 November 2012

Update - Training and Nutrition

Hi :)

Who has tried the Protein Ice Cream from the last post yet? Seriously you need to give it a go, you won’t regret it!

I wanted to give an update on my training and nutrition plan for the following 4 weeks. It may be tweaked slightly according to weekly results but I have hopefully come up with a plan that will help me tighten up whilst preserving as much muscle mass as possible; I've trained and eaten hard for this muscle and as I mentioned in an earlier post, I’m not at a stage to do a complete cut.

Training:

5 x Fasted Cardio (30-45 mins)

3 x Weight Training with Personal Trainer (45 mins, Complexes)

2 x Full Body Circuits, 1 with weights, 1 body weight – Abs to finish (45-60 mins)

1 x HIIT session (sprints/rower – 30 mins max)

Sunday REST

 
So I will be going back to 6 sessions per week, although if I feel like my body needs more recovery I’ll adjust the schedule and take an extra days rest when needed. I will be setting my alarm extra early for the fasted cardio and will be doing it every weekday, allowing me to get a bit more sleep on a weekend (much needed) and I tend to hit the gym on Saturday mornings. Sunday will be a day for food preparation, spending time with friends and family and a long dog walk.

The sessions will be done around work as usual; some scheduled for lunch breaks, some after work, and some later in the evenings depending on my schedule and whether I have PT or Massages to do. As I see it, there are no excuses to missing sessions. Yes, I may be tired sometimes but I will always bring 100% effort and dedication and will stick to the plan each and every day. It's what I love to do!
 
Nutrition:

Carb Cycle

3 x High days

4x Low days


I dropped my calories gradually over the weekend from 3500 to 2500, which is the level I will stay at for this week (I was gaining roughly 1lb per week at 3500). After the first week I will take my measurements as usual on Sunday and make any necessary adjustments. 2500 may seem quite high to some but I naturally burn through calories so really have to be vigilant that I don't drop too low.

In terms of Macro’s I’ll be keeping Protein high (2g per 1lb body weight). Carbs will be higher on the 3 days I Weight Train with my PT and the remaining days will be low carb. Fats will then be adjusted daily to take me to the calorie requirements for the day (higher on low carb days/lower on high carb days) As always I will be aiming to drink 2 litres of water per day.


So that’s about it – if anyone would like to know more about the foods I will be eating, meal timings, pre/post nutrition or what supplements I will be using and when please get in touch. I'd love to go into more detail – I've been doing lots of research and learning about different supplements, what's best to take for different goals and timing them optimally. As I said before I LOVE this stuff.


Hope you're all having a great week.

Keep training hard and eating clean – It's all about results!!


No comments:

Post a Comment