Sunday 18 November 2012

A Healthy Cake!!!

Happy Sunday :) Hope you've all had a great weekend and either trained well or taken a well deserved rest!

I've done the latter today, caught up with friends, prepared food for the week and had a nice long dog walk to get the blood flowing (can't sit still to save my life!).

Just a quick update before I share with you a beauty of a recipe that is clean, healthy, quick to make and ever quicker to eat :). This was week 9 of the USN challenge and my first week of following a carb cycle, overall reduction in calories and a revamped training program, described in more detail in this post. As you may know Sunday is the day I 'weigh in' and take my measurements, so today I got up and got to work recording my stats. I was a little apprehensive as I wasn't sure what the results would be (body distortion, and seeing yourself everyday makes it difficult to see changes)

However, it was GREAT NEWS!!! The carb cycling has worked a treat this week - my weight has dropped slightly, my body fat % has dropped as has my stomach measurement BUT, my thigh has increased 0.5cm since last week, as has my chest and my arm circumference has stayed the same.I'm sooo happy with this, essentially I have managed to drop body fat (and probably a bit of water) but increased lean muscle mass, exactly what I was wanting from this phase.
So the plan will stay the same this week - why fix something that isn't broken at the moment.

Right, on to the recipe. This is a single serving Chocolate Protein Cake!! Made with very few ingredients, and flavours can be modified (cinnamon is lovely).

Ingredients
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 1 Tbl spn Coconut Flour
  • 1 Tbl spn Dark Cocoa Powder (Green&Blacks is great)
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Apple and pear spread/Apple Sauce/Sugar Free Jam

All you need to do is:
Put everything in a bowl and whisk to combine (it doesn't look pleasant at this stage but keep going).
Transfer to a smallish microwaveable tub
Microwave on full for approx 1 minute (leave to cool slightly before removing from tub - it's hot)

That's it! I always like to put a topping on mine to give it a boost and make it even more delicious. My faves are:

USN Premium Casein Frosting (1 scoop mixed with a small amount of water)
Almond Butter
Greek Yogurt + 1/2 scoop chocolate USN 100% Whey Protein

Keep an eye out this week for a big update post, I have something I want to discuss but it's taking some time getting it together and I don't want to blab on for hours!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment